Corvette Challenge Club Challenge Cup
Hello. My name is Al Conner. I have been an active Corvette Club member for over thirty years and know the need for a club to find new activities that keep it fresh, draw new members and keep the core of the club coming back for a new and different way to enjoy the vehicle we all have come to love.
As club coordinator for the East Coast Supercharging Corvette Challenge, I would like to invite you and your club members to participate in one of the fastest growing Corvette activities sweeping across the nation. The East Coast Supercharging Corvette Challenge Drag Racing Series is a bracket (handicapped) racing series held at Old Bridge Township Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ for Corvettes only. Many of us take our Corvettes to the drag strip only once or twice a year, yet many others never take the opportunity at all. We hope that you take this information packet to your next regular meeting and share this unique concept of a competition among ALL Corvette Clubs in the Northeast.
Starting in 2003, Corvette Clubs can compete for the Corvette Challenge Club Challenge Cup. Simply said, every point a racer earns is credited to the club the driver has declared. At the end of the season, the club with the most points is named the Club Challenge Cup Champion. We feel the new format has all the right stuff to make for one great shoot-out for all the Corvette Clubs in the northeast region. Now the ball is in your court, we need you and your club to show us that our hunch was right and a competition between all Corvette Clubs will bring more fun and excitement to you and your organization as well as the Corvette Challenge.
To be eligible as a Corvette Club to participate in the Corvette Challenge Club Challenge Cup, you must meet one of the two following:
- Your Club is a member club of a national organization such as NCCC
- An independent club should provide date of incorporation or club charter, list of elected officers (President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer), regular meeting schedules and location where regular meetings are held
Rules for the individuals racing for club points:
News on the series is updated frequently on the official series web page at www.corvettechallenge.info. Site includes news, schedule, race results, rules, standings, driver profiles, pictures, videos and more.
- Club provided membership card
- Must be signed up for Points and paid the $30 fee
- Declare Club by contacting Corvette Challenge Clubs Coordinator or other Corvette Challenge official ( email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you change clubs midseason, notify club challenge coordinator (points earned with prior club stay with prior club)
- If you join a club midseason, notify club challenge coordinator (points earned prior to joining club will not be credited to the club)
- A free point is awarded to drivers that sign up before the 1st round of the 1st event
- Meet all safety and class rules (www.corvettechallenge.info)
The first step to getting started is to fill out the points signup application and mail it to Raceway Park (address on form) along with the $30 signup fee for each driver. Sign up forms will be accepted at any point in the season but to if you sign up before the first round of the first race March 22, 2003, the driver (and thus Club) will receive a FREE point.
Drag Racing Points & Permanent Number Form
On behalf of the other Corvette Challenge Coordinators and myself, we look forward to seeing you at the track
Member, County Corvette Association
Club Challenge Cup retired in 2006
02/05/07 - Regretfully the Club Challenge Cup has been retired at the end of the 2006 season. Corvette Club of Delaware Valley won the cup all four years from 2003 to 2006 and while they enjoyed doing it, longed for the competition. The Corvette Challenge coordinators and the Corvette Club of Delaware Valley retired the Cup and will bring forth a new cup, called the Team Challenge Cup where the CCDV will break up into smaller teams and take on all other teams with Club membership not being required. Read more on the Team Challenge Cup here.